慧言慧语

Welcome :)
~ where's my soul of sounds n touch? ~

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Ideal Love 1

What is love?

A question that no one has the answer. (Maybe we should ask professors that teach Love 101) Anyway, let's try to list down what's our criteria of love? Or should we say 'ideal' love? Then probably, we'll know what's the best love for us? Maybe writing down will help.

~ I do not know what I think until I see what I say! ~

So guys out there, here comes a long list of ...

*drum roll......

more drum roll.......

another 2 bars of drum roll........

CHIANGGGGGGG!! *


"Dummies Guide to Aik Hooi's heart" .. muahaha..!!!


Ok. Enough fooling around. Be serious to subject of love.

1) Multiple roles in a relationship

Boy - girl; teacher - student; father - daughter; mother - son; brother - sister; employee - employer; best friends; business partner, music (duet) partner; travel companion; debate opponent, etc...

Multiple roles in relationship is important. (at least for me) This can sustain and holds a relationship more firmly. A stable relationship is like an established tonality, importance of dominant - tonic function, you can proceed to other progressions but dominant - tonic function is highly integrated. (sorry, I don't even understand what am I talking here. Ignore my crap :p ) What I mean is, you can be different roles to support each other's need; and vice versa. It's very disappointing that your partner cannot be your best friend: listen and gossip; share and comfort OR your partner cannot be your teacher, teach and learn; have patience and encourage OR your partner cannot be your parent, guide and advice; nurture and care OR your partner cannot be your debate opponent, discuss and critic; argue and give opinions ...
Understand?

2) Learn from each other

No one is perfect. But, if you can find a person that knows something you don't know, and you can learn from him, or in another way, you know something that he don't, ain't it good to have someone to share knowledge? Conscious or not, there's always something that you can learn from another party. However, for me, the will power in search of knowledge is important too. Don't tell me: "I finish PhD, I'm very clever already, no need to learn anymore" or "I'm older, so I know more than you." Right. Our knowledge is shape by our education and experience. There's no two person that have the same amount of knowledge. Therefore, I hope I can constantly upgrade myself and I'll expect that from my partner oh.

3) Grow together, hand in hand

Growing old is a long process. While in the process, there's a person that walk with you, fall with you, I think growing old will be a great process. In every stage of life, I change. It's like metamorphosis. I know I change (a lot.) But if my partner cannot keep up with my change, left behind while I am already in front. Or if my partner is too far ahead, want my short legs to run and keep up is too tiresome. Both are equally unhealthy. And, from my past experience, I am highly adaptable to new environment, and I change easily. Keeping up to my path is not easy. Finding a partner that can keep the same pace as me (probably the speed of Allegretto?) is crucial to my future. (another supporting reason: you know la, my legs so short, how to keep up with guys that walk in big, fast steps?)

4) Tolerance and understanding

You cannot find an exact piece of jigsaw puzzle or literally right key to your door. I don't think such person exist, except in my own little ideal world of white horse prince. You can choose to be a piece of hard metal mold and hope that your partner can be flexible like melted gold so you can shape her; or you can choose to be a jelly to shape into her mold. Either way, I think won't work (for me.) You won't want to restructure your chemical state into another just to accommodate that person. Then, it's not the original you anymore. In my opinion, I guess being a 'plasticine' to each other is the best. You maintain the original structure, but flexible to be shaped, can mix with each other to be a better creation, or still can stand alone as an individual. That's about tolerance. Understanding to my personality, career, dream is essential. I cannot imagine going out with a guy that don't understand music, or ask me 'Why want to buy Steinway piano? All piano same only what,' or sleep in an orchestral concert" Bye bye. Musicians are people from another world. Either you understand them or you don't. (if you understand means you are from the same category of weirdos.) Tolerance and understanding is the key to a long term relationship.

There are still more to come. Write tmr. sleepy now. zzz...

No comments: