Ok. I have to admit.
This is the first movie that I cried from the beginning until the end. Non stop! Em, sorry, no. Not only that. I started to cry even when I watched the movie trailer. Keng leh!
(I'm actually typing this post with badly swollen eyes. Haih, tomorrow must stay home, better don't meet people, in case 吓死人!)
The movie is "A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies".

Adapted from the graphic novel Mari and the Three Puppies of Yamakoshi, the film is based on the true story of how a dog and her puppies survived the aftermath of the magnitude 6.9 Chuetsu Earthquake in 2004. The movie version is dramatized with added characters such as a little girl, Aya and her elder brother, Ryota. However the part where Mari helped saved her owner, an old grandfather is a fact and was well depicted in this movie.
This is the first movie that I cried from the beginning until the end. Non stop! Em, sorry, no. Not only that. I started to cry even when I watched the movie trailer. Keng leh!
(I'm actually typing this post with badly swollen eyes. Haih, tomorrow must stay home, better don't meet people, in case 吓死人!)
The movie is "A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies".

Adapted from the graphic novel Mari and the Three Puppies of Yamakoshi, the film is based on the true story of how a dog and her puppies survived the aftermath of the magnitude 6.9 Chuetsu Earthquake in 2004. The movie version is dramatized with added characters such as a little girl, Aya and her elder brother, Ryota. However the part where Mari helped saved her owner, an old grandfather is a fact and was well depicted in this movie.
General summary of the story goes like this. Yuichi, a village official of Yamakoshi, lives with his old father, Yuzo, his son, Ryota, and his daughter, Aya. One day a female puppy comes to live with them. They named it Mari. In 2004, Mari bears three puppies. It pleases the family, but their happiness ends all too soon. On October 23, a great earthquake destroys the village. Aya and her grandfather were caught under the fallen pillars, injured and unable to move. Mari managed to save her owners but Mari and her puppies were left behind. After many difficulties, the movie finally ends with happy reunion of Mari, her puppies and her owners.
Inspired by a true story of canine heroism, A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies is a touching story of love and resilience starring by cute child-stars and adorable dogs. Mari's tale of survival against all odds became a symbol of hope for the people of Yamakoshi in the aftermath of the earthquake, and was later turned into a best-selling illustrated book from which the film is adapted. A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies is helmed by television director Inomata Ryuichi and features music from renowned composer Hisaishi Joe. 
I highly recommend this movie for dogs and animal lovers. Or if you want to cleanse your eyes and refresh your tear gland, please watch this movie. Some reminders and advices before you start to watch this movie. (My personal opinion, does not apply to all)
1) drink a lot of water before you start
2) get ready a roll or box of tissue paper
3) do not watch with a lot of people
4) don't need popcorn
5) prepare consealer
p/s - This photo is only to show how much tissue I actually used throughout the movie. I have some personal photos which I took as evidence on how badly I cried. I don't want to scare you away. So not posting that. haha!
Some scenes from the movie:


I think can download from this site. Try and let me know :)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/CRSeries_-_A_Tale_of_Mari_and_Three_Puppies_-_Movie
1 comment:
hugs
Post a Comment